Pricing and licensing Dynamics nav
The license model is designed in order to make it easier and more manageable for companies to buy Microsoft Dynamics NAV and thereby optimize their financial insight and distribution management as well as streamline other functional areas.
So you can license Dynamics NAV through four key components:
Additional configuration components are also available.
The functionalities of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is licensed through continuous user licenses.
Microsoft has made it easy for companies to quickly and cheaply start using Microsoft Dynamics NAV. 'Starter Pack' provides of core functionalities within finance and distribution as well as three 'Full User' licenses. The functionalities in the 'Starter Pack, is designed to help customers in the following ways:
- Gain control and insight into your finances
- Manage your sales goods and materials in a distribution environment
- Provides licensed users a unique view of the business from virtually anywhere through a variety of clients.
As a customer you buy a license for one 'Starter Pack' per implemented ERP solution. For many customers, this is the only licensed component they need.
- A single Microsoft Dynamics ERP solution can leverage the resources of multiple servers or processors
- Licenses for additional software required for the solution, such as Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft SharePoint Server is not included in the Starter Pack license. Such additional software solutions must be licensed under the applicable license terms
If you as a customer want to implement some of the more advanced functionalities Microsoft Dynamics delivers, you can purchase a license to the optional 'Extended Pack' which expands the existing solution. 'Extended Pack' adds functionalities that allows you to integrate financial core items and distribution management with extensive industry-specific functionalities such as:
Supports and guides the production
Controls the warehouse to support the operations
- Professional Services
Handle the generated billables by consultants
- Basic Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Manages customer and supplier relationships and offer the highest quality of service and support
The first three 'Full Users' included in' Starter Pack' has access to all the incremental functionalities.
- The 'Starter Pack' is a precondition to buy the 'Extended Pack'
- When purchasing 'Extended Pack' all functionalities for all the current and future users are extended
As 'Full User' you as a user have unlimited read and write access to all functionalities of the ERP system.
A 'Limited User' has unlimited reading rights, but only limited write access. The 'Limited user' license is intended as a cheaper alternative to system expansion with users who only need limited privileges, to perform their respective functions.