Dynamics 365 2021 Release Wave 1
- Overview of Dynamics 365 2021 Release Wave 1
- Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Dynamics 365 Sales
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service
- Dynamics 365 Field Service
- Dynamics 365 Finance
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Dynamics 365 Guides
- Dynamics 365 Human Resources
- Dynamics 365 Commerce
- Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection
- Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Dynamics 365 Customer Insights
- Dynamics 365 Customer Voice
With the following you get an overview of the new features and the many new possibilities released for the Dynamics 365 applications between April 2021 and September 2021.
New technology offers new opportunities, and the companies that manage to adopt new technology and convert it into smarter workflows, significantly increase their competitiveness. With Release Wave 1 2021, a number of upgrades are rolled out to many applications that make up Dynamics 365, upgrades that both open up new possibilities and make it easier for end users and developers to work with the Dynamics 365 solutions and thus contribute to streamlining the workflows in the individual company.
The world of marketing is constantly changing, customer expectations are evolving and the way you engage with them is changing. As a company, it has continuously become more difficult to penetrate the noise and reach each individual customer. Therefore, it also becomes increasingly important to strengthen the relationship with the customers, and this is done to a large extent by delivering individual and personal messages that the customers individually can identify with and that add value to their lives. For the companies, it is important that you are able to deliver the right message at the right time, and it must be through the channel the customer chooses. In this way, the company shows that it understands and values its customers.
In order to create growth, or even just preserving the status quo, for many companies it is imperative not only to reach new customers, but to develop and nurture existing customer relationships so that they make more than just a single purchase and in addition create a long-term positive relation to the company. In short, building a deep relationship with your customer has never been more important than it is today.
Microsoft's overall approach to Dynamics 365 Marketing is that you get the most out of all your data. By taking advantage of cutting-edge AI technology to harness the full potential of your data, you will be able to communicate meaningfully and effectively with your customers.
For Microsoft, it is important that their products are user-friendly, as it is ultimately the ability of users to use the products that helps them achieve their goals. With Dynamics 365 2021 Release Wave 1, Microsoft has therefore listened to the end users' wishes for improvements and delivers a number of improvements which are based on customer feedback. Therefore, as a user of Dynamics 365 Marketing with the 2021 Release Wave 1 upgrade, you will gain even deeper insight into your marketing activities, and to an even greater extent be able to deliver better results from your marketing activities.
New functionality in Dynamics 365 Marketing 2021 Release Wave 1
Deeper personalization to engage customers:
- Easy creation of dynamic content through a new point-and-click interface
- Write custom and personalized emails from a more flexible set of data sources
- Target AI-generated segments using attributes such as timeliness, frequency, and revenue generation to target high-churn risk* customers or high-value customers.
*Churn is an expression of whether your customers want to leave your business or opt out of your product
More channels, higher performance and ease of reaching your customers with the right messages:
- With the new e-mail editor experience, you can create e-mails quickly and efficiently and with minimal work effort, without having to compromise
- Search, version, manage and use AI to tag your digital assets with a brand new centralized asset library
- Use AI-driven recommendations to select and deliver the best image, video, document, or snippet for your messages
- Create and send text messages to any mobile phone
- Deliver push notifications to any Android or iOS app
Analysis to improve results and achieve your business goals:
- Optimize employee travel efficiency with a new set of built-in analytics dashboards and cross-travel insights
- Monitor your customer journeys and channel KPIs in real time
- Set business goals for travel and measure ongoing progress toward the goal
- Experiment with the next action on a journey to optimize for results
Dynamics 365 Sales, formerly known as Microsoft Dynamics CRM, has been, and continues to be, the market-leading sales tool for many years to come. Driven by data and intelligence, Dynamics 365 delivers an effective CRM tool that gives companies insight into customers, their needs and the way they want to buy, creating fertile ground for increasing sales.
Dynamics 365 Sales is centered on the customer relationship, which means that the tool helps the company understand and have insight into the individual customer's needs, promotes a more relevant and authentic customer engagement and ultimately increases the company's overall sales. With Dynamics 365 Sales 2021 Release Wave 1 releases Microsoft a number of brand new and exciting features and capabilities that are largely based on the valuable customer feedback Microsoft through their close dialogue with end users continuously receives.
New functionality in Dynamics 365 Sales 2021 Release Wave 1
- Save time
Perform routine work-tasks faster and more efficiently so you can stay focused on sales. As a salesperson, there are a number of steps you must take to be able to identify the right customers and the subsequent actions to be performed. 2021 Release Wave 1 for Dynamics 365 Sales introduces additional levels of automation as well as sequences that adapt to your customers' changing needs and behaviors. The Sales sidebar panel allows you to customize your workspace to your completely unique business requirements and needs and trigger key actions, all in one place. The appointment management workspace allows your salespeople to quickly see the right deals, get the right context, and take action with no more than a single click.
Intelligence and insight at your fingertips
Gain data-driven insights and help your salespeople make the right decisions. Your salespeople want data, and thus information, as it makes them better able to make the right decisions on a daily basis, but they also need the important insights to surface as it helps them analyze through noise and irrelevant information. Conversation information provides insight to the salesperson on top of both one-on-one video calls and multi-participant calls. Brand new filters in Dynamics 365 Sales in the dealmanagers workspace allow your salespeople to quickly and easily find options by searching, quickly setting up a column filter, or selecting a time-based slice. With Release Wave 1 2021, Microsoft is also introducing brand new, out-of-the-box data visualizations that will be both configurable and interactive. Your salespeople will also have the option to choose 'statistics', which are out-of-the-box calculated metrics that will help them quickly gain insight into and understand their pipeline.
- Help your salespeople while on the go
Improved mobile experience for sellers in the field. To be as effective as possible, your field sales people need to be able to manage their work from their mobile devices. The Dynamics 365 Sales mobile experience enables your salespeople but they are on the go to get updated LinkedIn information about meeting participants, insight into an agreement, account and contacts integrated with AI as well as quick and easy access to files, notes, emails and mm. With Release Wave 1 2021, your salespeople will now also be able to more easily manage their activities and conduct follow-up measures immediately. In addition, a Microsoft Teams customer call or online meeting can be transcribed and assigned a Dynamics 365 record where AI gives your salespeople access to insight, mood, and follow-up measures.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service is an end-to-end customer service service that delivers far-reaching customer support functionality that spans far from both self- and assistant service scenarios for customer engagement and that spans multiple channels and platforms.
Customer Service also provides your sales agents with tools for comprehensive and efficient case management and administration. The customer service solution also provides add-ons for insight and omnichannel engagement and also enables editing and consumption of articles on knowledge management.
With Dynamics 365 2021 Release Wave 1, Microsoft is focusing on improving the solution in the following areas:
- It will now be possible for customers to get started with the solution even faster
- There will be an all-in-one contact center
- Transform contact center routing
Service agent experiences
- Agreement data will be included in the core service planning solution
- Get the ability to call Power Automate flows from macros in the D365 Customer Service workspace
- Navigation in the multisession applications is improved
- Visual enhancements to the multisession applications
- Both weekly and monthly viewing support in new scheduling schedule, within the core service scheduling solution itself
New and improved agent productivity tools enable your service agents to help customers more efficiently and thus become better equipped to deliver better service.
- Support for multiple languages for AI-proposed knowledge articles as well as similar cases
With Release Wave 1 2021, there will also be improvements to the case management functions in Customer Service agent experiences.
- Improved and integrated analysis tools for customer service managers
- Configuration that will allow updates to cases with status as either resolved or canceled
In Dynamics 365, e-mail is more than just electronic mail, it is a critical communication tool that is largely used in customer service scenarios.
- Through configuration of e-mail the user experience is improved for each individual customer service agent
A significant expansion of the knowledge management solution and experiences in Customer Service means that you deliver not only the right content at the right time, but also on the right channel.
- Configure and set search filters for knowledge articles
- Customize and personalize your language settings for creation of knowledge articles and search experience filters
- You will be able to make analysis of knowledge search
- Configure your knowledge search control in the new form designer in Customer Service
- With Release Wave 2021, federated knowledge search is introduced
Chat is Microsoft's first-party chat channel. Chat is built on Microsoft Teams IC3 communication service, which provides communication services to millions of Microsoft customers worldwide across a range of applications.
- Embedded analysis tool for chat and digital messaging
- Improved user experiences for supervisors for operational monitoring of chat and digital messaging
- Subject clustering of history for all channels
- Modern and enhanced management experience for Omnichannel chat and digital messaging
As part of Dynamics 365 Customer Service, an all-in-one contact center with a holistic and integrated first-party voice solution is provided.
- Call intelligence
- Recording calls
- Call transcription and real-time sentiment analysis
- Consult and transfer
- Direct outgoing calls
- Embedded analysis for voice channel
- Intelligent voice bot via Power Virtual Agents and Microsoft Bot Framework
- Modern management experience for Omnichannel voice (number management)
- Modern and intuitive administration for Omnichannel SMS via communication services (number administration)
- Supervisor monitoring and barge
- Topic clusters for voice
- Voice channel powered by Azure Communication Services
Service level agreements
Service-level agreements in Dynamics 365 Customer Service enable companies to track and deliver against contractually bound support agreements.
- Improvements and optimizations of usability for SLA (service level agreements)
Timeline helps Dynamics 365 Customer Service users to see and get an overview of the total amount of activities and interactions that occur over time.
- Configuration improvements to timeline in the new form designer
- Modern administration experience for automatic mail configuration
- Ease of use improvements of the timeline itself
Transform contact center routing by delivering intelligent omnichannel routing across all channels to improve customer service, reduce problem-solving time and increase customer satisfaction.
- Dynamic allocation rules, which are based on record values
- Intelligent routing and assignment to devices and channels
- Intelligent proficiency finds for improved classification
- Modern constitutional experience for classification and task rules
- Out-of-the-box allocation strategies, including round robin (each process is allocated a fixed time interval in a cyclical manner) and maximum capacity
- Prioritization rules for work units used in agent assignment
- Support for rule-based classification using attributes and related devices
Dynamics 365 Field Service is an end-to-end field service solution that enables companies to transform and optimize their service functions by connecting people and places and thus able to deliver customer-oriented experiences. The term field service covers companies that delivers its customer service tasks outside the office, ie 'in the field'. D365 Field Service allows companies' service teams to provide a proactive, ie. a predictive, field service and to embrace and incorporate entirely new business models such as outcome-based service or 'all-as-a-service'.
With 2021 Release Wave 1, Microsoft delivers new capabilities and far-reaching functionality in several areas, including:
- It will be easier for new users to get started with the solution and thus achieve a faster time-to-value and ability to use Field Service in productive environments
- Comprehensive and effective customer engagement functionality for companies so they can be in close contact and dialogue with their customers
- Embedded schedule optimization in the very core of Field Service provides broader resource options
End customer engagement
New and improved functionality within end customer engagement in 2021 Release Wave 1.
- Modernize your customer experience with technician tracking and direct customer feedback
- Self-service planning for your customers
Proactive service delivery
Dynamics 365 2021 Release Wave 1 delivers new features and capabilities in proactive service delivery.
- Simplified retrieval of work orders from the customer
- Obtain work order resolution details
- D365 Field Service Mapping features are enabled by default
- Improved usability of the service account address
- Simplified setup of first-line works
- Agreement data included in resource planning
- Improvements to the integrated optimization within the schedule
- Map display and weekly and monthly support for viewing in new plane cards
- Resource planning optimization will be available to all Field Service companies
- Knowledge management articles to improve technicians' productivity
With 2021 Release Wave 1, Microsoft will continue to bring intelligence and automation to Dynamics 365 Finance, thus making the workflow even better for the solution's users. The 2021 update provides public preview of automated cash flow based on predictive results. Users of Finance will also experience out-of-the-box machine learning for their finance operations, which includes viewing when customers are expected to pay outstanding, predicting what the company's budget should be, and a view of expected liquidity positions based on actual debt, receivables and project transactions as well as predicted results.
Automation based on predictions of the information collected further enhances decision makers' strategic ability to influence the company's positive inbound cash flow.
Overview of Dynamics 365 Finance 2021 Release Wave 1
With this upgrade in core finance, Microsoft is focusing on integrating cash flow forecasting capabilities and continuous improvement across all financial areas.
- Forecast for cash flows - project integration
Accelerating the digital transformation with AI and digital automation.
- Customer payment predictions
- External data for cash flow forecasts
- Expected bank balance
- Intelligent budget proposal
- Cashier workspace
With this upgrade wave, the focus is also on providing localization to Egypt, as well as making electronic invoicing add-on, public preview of tax services and other highly sought-after features generally available.
- Electronic billing add-on for Dynamics 365 (general availability)
- Expanded Czech localization - proposal to acquire pre-emptive transactions
- Invoicing - Improved Invoice Data Control
- Invoicing - extension of chronological invoice and coupon number
- Regulatory Configuration Service -simplified administration of globalization features to globalization services
- Regulatory Configuration Service - Extension of regional coverage to Europe
- Tax -improved global withholding tax
- Tax -use delivery note date as as tax calculation date
- Configurable business documents - additional barcode type
- Configurable business documents - for example, print management support
- Land and regional enlargement -Egypt
- SAF-T for Lithuania
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management is an end-to-end supply chain solution that adds visibility, resilience and efficiency to the company's supply chain. Utilizing innovative and cutting-edge technology with deep business expertise, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management is designed to help larger business organizations optimize and streamline their supply chain and improve the very management of their supply chain.
Supply Chain Management 2021 Release Wave 1
With 2021 Release Wave 1 for Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management users will have the opportunity to:
- With the add-in Inventory Visibility D365 SCM will provide a single overview of available inventory across the entire company
- Get the opportunity to gain visibility over goods in transit and calculate landed costs of shipments using the landed costs function
- Increased transparency and efficiency for Asset Management users by enabling companies to bill their customers for the maintenance performed
- Reduce time and costs associated with training and learning and increase productivity for your warehouse workers with the upgraded, new and user-friendly SCM mobile application
- The Global Inventory Accounting add-in helps you achieve compliance with international accounting standards
- With the help of discount administration, you can reduce the administrative time and effort associated with maintaining discounts and deduction programs
- Get the opportunity to perform mission-critical operations without interruption and on a large scale and build resilience in the production and warehouse operations by expanding them to edge scale units
- New functionality and new capabilities in 2021 Release Wave 1 gives the production company planners help to control and monitor their production schedule and set delivery times, giving them more flexibility and freedom of movement to control both lead time buffers and the planning horizon
Dynamics 365 Project Operations connects your sales, resource management, project management and finance teams in a single project management application in Dynamics 365. Project Operations helps companies win more bids, increase the possibilities and capacities for the employees, speed up delivery, and maximize company overall profitability.
By building on Microsoft's high expertise as well as existing business applications that go beyond all functional areas of service-based companies and teams, the project application enables project-oriented companies to achieve smoother business processes and thus success.
Powered by the Microsoft Power Platform, Project Operations gives users a wide range of new features and capabilities that enable all employees to analyze, trade and automate across the enterprise, transforming the business processes of their servicecompany from the ground up. In short, Project Operations delivers everything you need to run your projects, from deal management to finance, and you get it all in one single application.
Overview of Dynamics 365 Project Operations 2021 Release Wave 1
In the release wave, Microsoft delivers functionally rich experiences in several areas, including:
- With 2021 Release Wave 1, you will be able to predict, use and invoice non-stored material on projects
- Enable the ability to create contractual obligations such as billing methods and rules for debit ability by task or a work division plan element
- Improvements in 2021 Release Wave 1 delivers a hassle-free user experience for ALM (Asset Liability Management) and provisioning.
- Customers who already use the Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation application will now have the opportunity to upgrade to Project Operations with 2021 Release Wave 1
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Guides is a so-called mixed-reality application, ie an application that mixes the physical reality with the digital. Guides show step-by-step holographic instructions where a given job takes place, giving your employees the opportunity to quickly learn and perform complex work tasks.
Dynamics 365 Guides allow you to:
- Reduce errors and increase employee safety
- Close knowledge gaps and strengthen employees' skills and abilities
- Get a solution that adapts to your work in real time
- Improve training and work processes
Overall, Dynamics 365 Guides meets the needs of three key people in the company: Content writers, operators and trainers / managers.
- Content writers can easily create guides themselves, even without 3D or programming skills, using a simple PC app and a HoloLens app
- Operators can use HoloLens guides for training and work by getting guidance while working heads-up and hands-free
- Educators and managers can analyze usage data in order to optimize their workflows
Overview of Dynamics 365 Guides 2021 Release Wave 1:
In 2021 Release Wave 1, which will be rolled out in the period April 2021 to September 2021, the development team behind Dynamics 365 Guides will focus on further improving the intelligent workflows. By taking further advantage of data collected with HoloLens as well as AI innovations, users with the upcoming updates will get to work faster and easier than ever and confirm the outcome of it.
In addition, brand new devices for time for completion Guides allow users to build Power Automate flows that support their completely unique business needs. For example, a user can take advantage of the new devices to automatically mark a work order as completed when a wizard is completed.
Dynamics 365 Human Resources helps companies create a strong and committed workforce, it delivers modern benefit packages and not least it remains compatible.
The comprehensive Human Resources functionality enables HR professionals to work more strategically with their employees and gives them the insight into the individual employee they need to be able to build and develop better company structures, compensation, benefits, leave and absence, compliance, employee and manager self-service and performance management systems. D365 Human Resources also centralizes personal information, which helps build an HR ecosystem, and by using Microsoft Power Platform, it is possible to create custom workflows, improve the company's business intelligence and connect to specialized third-party HR solutions.
In short, Dynamics 365 Human Resources connects personal and operational data and helps the company's HR teams to minimize labor costs and not least take better care of the individual employee.
Dynamics 365 Human Resources 2021 release wave 1
With the upgrade, Microsoft is focusing on three core areas in particular:
- Expanding the Human Capital Management (HCM) ecosystem
Microsoft is working to further expand their HCM ecosystem. They will do this through integration APIs and strategic partnerships.
- Rethinking the employee experience
Expanding the investment in the experience for the individual employee and bringing these experiences into the workflow.
- Unification of apps
App unification through a simpler platform with better application lifecycle management tools and expansion options.
Dynamics 365 Commerce is a complete omnichannel trading solution that not only enables companies to sell their goods online, but also engage with their customers, providing a smooth and comfortable shopping journey for the customer across the webshop, physical store, call center as well as new channels such as third-party markets and social platforms. A unified back office streamlines the centralized administration activities, creating an overview and facilitating the configuration and administration of all touch points.
With Dynamics 365 Commerce, companies can run all of their trading-related activities on Dynamics 365 Business Central (or a third-party ERP solution) while taking advantage of a wide range of effective business applications in Dynamics 365, such as:
- Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection for payment and account protection and in-store loss prevention in the warehouse
- Dynamics 365 Connected Store (RAP as a Service / Risk and Health Assessment Program as a Service), application for diagnosis of systems and troubleshooting and which provides observation data in real time in order to improve the operation of the store
- Built-in integration with Microsoft Power Platform that enables the creation and execution of thousands of applications, flows and intelligent agents with a smart, secure and scalable easy-coded data platform.
With the intelligent tools in Dynamics 365 Commerce, companies get the opportunity to improve their business and deliver better business results by:
- Through personal and individual customer agreements, a breeding ground is provided for establishing a stronger loyalty to the company's brand
- Increase revenue with optimized employee productivity and smooth support for new retail channels
- Reduce overall costs by optimizing business operations and increasing efficiency throughout the supply chain
Dynamics 365 Commerce 2021 Release Wave 1
The new enhancements and possibilities that is rolled out with 2021 Release Wave 1 further enables Dynamics 365 Commerce users to better understand, serve and engage with their customers while effectively running their business across the entire value chain. With a smooth flow of information and a deep insight into the business processes driven by the Dynamics 365 ecosystem, companies will be even better equipped and prepared than ever before to realize the vision of creating a modern enterprise driven by digital transformation.
New features and possibilities for Dynamics 365 Commerce are released in the following areas:
- Integrated B2B and B2C e-commerce functionality into a single trading solution with total merchandising and page management capabilities. This enables a wide range of possibilities and business models across both industries and verticals
- Target digital commerce content by device, language, geography, and audience
- Support for scenarios where customers can place an online order for pickup at a local store as well as task management via Microsoft Teams
- With 2021 Release Wave 1, smart AI-powered intelligent shopping functions such as to shop from a similar look or similar descriptions. This enables customers to see product recommendations based on visual references or rich descriptions (meta descriptions), all with the aim of creating greater returns on the company's investment
- Intelligent product search through the built-in integration with Microsoft's search engine Bing for Commerce Search.
- Through the built-in integration between Dynamics 365 Commerce, Dynamics 365 Customer Service and Power Virtual Agents, you have the opportunity to achieve a more robust and efficient life cycle management to bring together the company's many business processes across pre-purchases and post-purchase scenarios
- API enhancements and extension points built on a compatible set of robust and flexible services
- Easy system monitoring with comprehensive in-store diagnostic components and e-commerce services
- Improved SEO management functionality for the pages of your digital e-commerce platform as well as support for Openschema.org.
The digital transformation many companies have undergone in recent years means that many companies today carry out significant parts of their business online and in real time. For example, with omnichannel customer engagement you take advantage of a sales approach that goes through several channels with the aim of giving customers an integrated and streamlined shopping experience and customer journey that goes across mobile, web and in-store portals. Such innovations can lead to higher revenues for companies and reduce their operating costs while giving customers a better shopping experience.
However, if you move your business activities online, you also risk exposing the company to threats from scammers who try to take advantage of the online channel's relative anonymity and availability to commit fraud. In e-commerce, for example, fraudsters can use compromised accounts and stolen means of payment to commit payment fraud. Also a service like 'buy online and return in store' can be utilized to commit return or discount fraud, leading to shrinkage loss for the physical stores. Fraudsters also try other scams such as creating fake accounts, which they use to abuse free trial periods and freebies for new customers or to send fake and negative product reviews. They may also attempt to compromise existing accounts in order to commit payment, guarantee or refund fraud.
All these examples of fraud, deception and harmful activity affect not only a company's profitability and revenue, but also its reputation and brand. With Dynamics 365 Fraud protection, digitally transformed companies get an effective tool to fight fraud, while keeping the doors open for the real customers.
Fraud Protection brings together account protection, payment protection and loss prevention and the fraud protection solution provides a 360-degree view of the fraud landscape for merchants and provides intelligent tools to fine-tune the activities that help alleviate deception and fraud.
New features in Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection 2021 Release Wave 1
Behavioral and mobile fingerprints
Fraudsters and scammers have always been there and it would be naive to think that they will ever disappear. Therefore, the fight against fraud and deception is an eternal battle, and as a company you have to be one step ahead of the scammers. An entirely new technology that can be very useful for protection against fraud is called behavioral fingerprinting or behavioral biometrics. While device fingerprints allow for sensing and reasoning about device features and even uniquely identifying devices, behavioral telemetry allows for reasoning over signals and mapping how the individual user interacts with the portal. These signals are especially informative when the user uses a mobile device or app to access the portal.
The behavioral fingerprint actually has a lot in common with the mobile fingerprint.
A wide range of behavioral signals fall into this category, ranging from typing, swiping, scrolling and lingering, to how a device is held and moved, to navigation and clicks. The goal of this functionality is not to uniquely identify a particular individual, but rather to track down and identify the differences between normal and abnormal use of a device or service.
For example, if a mobile device shows no movement and is placed in a constant horizontal position, it is unlikely that a person using it and any activity from that device will most likely come from a scripted bot working on a rigged device. In the same way, it is also possible to learn to distinguish between the true owner of a device and another person who may be using the device illegally. It is also possible to detect that a device is used by many different people over a short period of time, which may indicate that it is a 'pony' device, ie that the device is infected with pony malware. The behavioral fingerprint can, across all Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection features, help improve the accuracy and efficiency of AI models.
Test and verification rules
New functionality in Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection which makes it possible to test and verify rules before implementation, so there is no unintended impact on the production system. It is also possible to make tested rules in advance for expected scenarios such as seasonal sales.
- Possibility to test rule changes before they are put into production
- Possibility to see performance measurements on each rule
- Possibility to query all transactions based on a number of attributes and use the results for workflows offline
Dynamics 365 Business Central 2021 Release Wave 1
With 2021 Release Wave 1, Microsoft is once again improving Business Central. This time with functionality to help users get started faster, continuation of the geographical expansion, performance, usability and printing are improved and to help users be productive even when they make a mistake, it becomes easier to correct dimensions for e.g. general ledger (G/L) entries.
Improvements in Business Central med 2021 Release Wave 1:
- Hassle-free service:
Regardless of industry and type of business, companies and users of Business Central expect a reliable service and platform from which to run their business
2021 Release Wave 1 simplifies and improves the way partners manage their customers and the way administrators manage licensing and permissions
- Application enhancements:
Features are again provided for some of the most customer-requested areas for improvement
- Better with Microsoft 365:
In 2021 Release Wave 1 Business Central, the efficiency of the collaboration processes in Microsoft Teams will be improved and Microsoft will further optimize the Excel and Outlook add-ins
- Countries and regions:
Business Central is becoming generally available in India and is expanding to Greece, Romania and Turkey.
With 2021 Release Wave 1, customers can get to productive use even faster
- Modern development tools:
Visual Studio Code has been phased out, but investment continues in areas that improves productivity for developers
Audience insights in Dynamics 365 Customer Insights enable companies to collect, unify and understand their customer data and use it to gain insight and perform intelligent actions, which is based on knowledge rather than intuition.
Remove unnecessary data silos and merge customer data
Use connectors to collect and unify data, and thus unite transactional, observational and behavioral data from different data sources.
Transform and intelligently convert your customer data so you can build a single customer profile that also complies with the Common Data Model.
Improve your customer profiles
Build more complete customer profiles by incorporating aggregate audience information from both first-party and third-party sources.
Enable powerful AI and insight
Gain knowledge and insight into the business processes of your company using effective capabilities such as segments and metrics built on top of similar profiles. Speed up and optimize your business processes with out-of-the-box AI models or custom algorithms using cutting-edge technology in Azure Machine Learning.
Expand the capacity of your business processes and create personalized customer experiences
Enables your marketing, sales and service staff to pursue personal engagements across multiple channels. Work with contextual customer insights and customized customer profile cards that are seamlessly integrated with both Microsoft and non-Microsoft business applications.
Build on already existing connectors, a number of APIs and Microsoft Power Platform to effect and expand line-of-business experiences. For example, you can gain a deeper insight into your customers with Power BI, create custom apps with Power Apps, and initiate workflows based on insights and behavioral signals using Power Automate.
Dynamics 365 2021 Release Wave 1 Customer Insights
Improvements to Customer Insights that come with the 2021 Release Wave 1 upgrade wave:
- Customer display
Customized and expanded view of customers
- Data collection
Additional Power Query connectors
- Consolidation of data
Optimering af foreningsprocessen
Improving the data merging process
- Improved customer profiles
Improving a subset of customer profiles
- Expansion of integrations
Additional integrations for both Microsoft and third-party services
Integrate with Azure Synapse Analytics
Improvements to export destination hub
Get a view of the distribution of measured values
Get a view of deviating measured values, ie data points that differ significantly from other observations
Get a view of trend for measured values
Segments from enhanced profiles
- System administration
Notifications of completion or failure of a process
Dynamics 365 Customer Voice is a company application for managing and administrating customer feedback that allows you to include your customers' opinions in the daily business decisions. With an ongoing loop of ongoing feedback from your customers, you can easily keep an eye on the customer metrics that are based on survey responses and mean the most to your company and give your customers answers in a timely manner. With deep and built-in integration with the other Dynamics 365 line-of-business applications, Dynamics 365 Customer Voice adds rich and comprehensive insight by adding real-time survey data to your customer records. From creating surveys to generating actionable insights based on customer feedback, Dynamics 365 Customer Voice delivers a user-friendly and smooth experience for users and setup time is minimal, so you are up and running in no time. In short, Customer Voice helps you keep track of what your customers want and value, as well as how they view the products and services you provide, and you can also be sure that your data is protected by Microsoft's security and compliance policies.
Overview of Dynamics 365 Customer Voice 2021 Release Wave 1
Survey distribution features that allow you to submit surveys across multiple customer engagement channels.
- Answer with automatic pre-filling
- Partial response
- Pause and resume the study
- Power Automate survey response trigger
- Reminder of inquiry
Insight and follow-up
Define standardized customer satisfaction metrics and enable timely follow-up on customer queries.
- Text analysis support
Simplified constitution of studies
User-friendly and easy creation of personal surveys based on customer information from your business application.
- Create questions that automatically filter the answer options so that they are based on a survey respondent's previous answers
- Create custom surveys
Administration of surveys
Enables administrators to manage the use of surveys in the company.
- Custom e-mail address for survey invitations
- Custom headline in the surveys
- Over-study administration
- Report-only user access support