Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1 overview
- Overview Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1
- Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Dynamics 365 Sales
- Dynamics 365 Service
- Dynamics 365 Field Service
- Dynamics 365 Finance
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Dynamics 365 Human Resources
- Dynamics 365 Commerce
- Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection
- Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Dynamics 365 Customer Insights
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Insights
- Dynamics 365 Guides
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist
- Dynamics 365 Guides
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist
Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1 brings a wide range of new and innovative possibilities and features that help companies transform towards smarter and more efficient business operations.
Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1 contains hundreds of brand new features and capabilities that go across the applications that make up Dynamics 365, including Business Central and Dynamics 365 Sales.
Dynamics 365 Marketing is a marketing app that combines the two worlds of customer experience and marketing automation. This combination gives companies a unique opportunity to arrange and initiate personal customer journeys across all relevant contact points, strengthen customer relationships and achieve customer loyalty.
In recent years, we have experienced a digitization of a wide range of interactions, both social and professional. This has accumulated huge amounts of data. With Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1, Microsoft aims to enable Dynamics 365 Marketing users to make even more effective use of the full potential of their collected data as well as gain clear insight through AI technology, and thus the opportunity to not only survive as a business, but also to thrive and develop.
The ambition with the new upgrades is, in short, to give customers a better opportunity to engage with customers on their terms and deliver connected user experiences across every conceivable customer contact point.
Microsoft focuses on three areas that will help Dynamics 365 Marketing users better engage their customers and create excitement around the company's brand:
- Initiate moment-based marketing with real-time event-based customer journey orchestration for all business scenarios.
- Use the potential of data and AI to customize customer interactions across the entire customer journey.
- Collaborate across people, departments and apps to create engaging and effective marketing campaigns.
Microsoft's market-leading sales application Dynamics 365 Sales enables any company, regardless of industry and size, to increase sales by understanding their customers and the way they prefer to buy, and it's all driven by data, intelligence and not least exceptional customer experiences.
With Dynamics 365 Sales, you can leverage the full potential of all your business data, regardless of data source and location, or across their preferred productivity tools, such as Microsoft 365 and Teams. In this way, Dynamics 365 Sales helps companies 'salespeople to easily reach the core of customers' current needs and priorities, and fine-tune focus so that only the most relevant and authentic engagements are prioritized so that your salespeople can work as efficiently as possible.
With Dynamics 365 Sales 2022 Release Wave 1, Microsoft is focusing even more on enabling the individual salesperson to do just that. Your salespeople will have an even better opportunity to exploit the potential of business data and intelligence, which will help them both during and after each interaction with the customer. With the upgrades in Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1, salespeople will be able to focus even better on the highest priority sales activities, and will prepare the collaboration with the help of Teams from Dynamics 365 and thus accelerate their sales pipeline. In short, the goal is to help sellers close more trades faster and work as productively as possible.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service is an all-round application for managing and operating customer support. The solution's functionality spans scenarios with self- and assisted service across several channels of the company's customer engagement. With Dynamics 365 Customer Service, you get comprehensive and efficient case routing and administration for your agents, a knowledge base where users can write and consume knowledge articles. The application also delivers deep insights through AI suggestions and detailed, built-in analytics as well as additions to omnichannel engagement through chat, social channels and voice.
With the Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 1 upgrades to Customer Service, features and enhancements are added to:
- All-in-one contact center
- Contact center routing
- Agent experiences with automation and knowledge management
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service is a market-leading field service application for managing your field service activities and which enables companies to transform and optimize their service operations by connecting people, places and things and thus a unique opportunity to deliver customer-centric experiences. Field service includes functionality within field service areas such as work order management, resource planning and asset management.
With Dynamics 365 Field Service 2022 release wave 1, companies have a unique opportunity to move from paper-based reactive field service to deliver a world-class, proactive and predictable field service that strengthens the company's transformation towards increased digitization and enables new and innovative business models such as results-based service.
With the Dynamics 365 Field Service 2022 release wave 1upgrades, Microsoft is focusing on improving usability, improving the new schedule board as well as the availability of the Windows app for Field Service mobile.
Financial executives and their companies continue to implement cloud-based financial systems as part of their digital transformation right down to the core of their business operations and finances.
Regardless of which industry a company belongs to and whether it is product centered, service centered or a diversified company ,where investments are made in different assets to reduce the overall risk, the business users move towards value-creating activities rather than manual tasks, connecting data across apps and services and using applications that supports changing business models and quickly adapts to new economic changes and requirements, which is the key to making effective and smart decisions that drive the digital transformation.Width
Width Dynamics 365 Finance 2022 release wave 1 Microsoft focuses on delivering significant improvements that reflect the needs and requirements of existing Finance users.
- Implementation of a comprehensive subscription billing solution for companies engaged in recurring subscription revenue, including complex pricing management, consumption and milestone billing, handling large-scale customer contracts, and automating complex financial effects of recurring revenue.
- Dynamics 365 Finance 2022 release wave 1 enables power finance users to gain analytical insight into their financial and operational data using the tool they prefer, Excel or Power BI, by providing a denormalized financial analytics data model , reliable and scalable so it can be easily expanded and customized.
- Dynamics 365 Finance 2022 release wave 1 adds OCR capabilities for automated reading and recognition of vendor invoices, implementing the full end-to-end automation of vendors. By adding a consistent and intelligent automation solution with Azure Form Recognizer, AI Builder and Power Platform, Dynamics 365 Finance creates out-of-the-box vendor invoice models and an ongoing learning framework for invoice exceptions with an easily implemented and intuitive user experience.
It is complicated to run a business globally and when the business crosses borders, companies must meet a number of complex, country-specific globalization requirements within tax compliance and adaptation of local business practices. Currently, Microsoft offers globalization features for Dynamics 365 Finance, Supply Chain Management, Project Operations, and Commerce, which include a range of low-code globalization services and out-of-the-box global content for 44 countries and regions, expanded by ISV-solutions.
With Dynamics 365 Finance 2022 Release Wave 1, Microsoft continues to expand and improve the globalization capabilities of Dynamics 365 Finance:
- Globalization Studio will be released, which will improve tax compliance and low-code globalization capabilities, making globalization services and multilane content accessible to all first- and third-party apps, and expanding with pre-built ISV connectors.
- Microsoft continues to expand and improve the globalization services in Globalization Studio, such as tax calculation and electronic invoicing.
- Microsoft also continues to continually expand and improve its configurable business documents and electronic reporting.
- Microsoft is releasing a public trial of the VAT Audit and Reporting Service as part of Globalization Studio, which will improve and scale the existing VAT audit and reporting content as well as the features of electronic reporting.
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management delivers a wide range of end-to-end functionality that manufacturing companies, distributors and retailers need to meet all of their needs throughout the supply chain. The functionality ranges from product information management, inventory, planning, sales and purchasing to complex areas such as manufacturing, warehousing and transportation management.
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management 2022 release wave 1 introduces new features and enhancements that will help companies:
- Improve the operational resilience of the company
The optimized warehouse workload for cloud and edge scale devices means that even more warehousing processes are supported, including processes for packaging stations, manufacturing operations and material handling systems. It helps companies scale mission-critical operations.
- Achieve agile production planning
A significantly expanded footprint in the manufacturing industry enables manufacturing companies to use planning optimization for production planning and thus benefit from the shortened planning cycles that help increase production agility.
- Optimize your inventory and achieve higher service levels
Native Demand Driven Material Requirements Planning (DDMRP) support in planning optimization helps companies reduce inventory levels while improving customer service.
- Increase fulfillment capacity
In Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management 2022 release wave 1, new inventory allocation and accessibility functionality has also been added, also called 'Available to Promise' (ATP) in the Inventory Visibility add-in. It helps companies increase order execution rates by pre-allocating available inventory to key channels and accounts and by providing an overview of future inventory levels.
- Achieve a smooth and simple multinational operation
Global Inventory Accounting helps corporate finance managers comply with local and global accounting standards and requirements. It allows companies to calculate their inventory across borders in several representations by using the appropriate valuation method and accounting currency per. instance.
With Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management, companies get the flexibility they need to register orders from any order source, including e-commerce, marketplace, mobile apps or traditional sources such as electronic data exchange (EDI).
By taking advantage of the market-leading extended order fulfillment and reverse logistics as well as exchange experience in Intelligent Order Management, you will be able to increase customer loyalty to your company, product and brand.
With Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management 2022 Release Wave 1 comes a brand new return and stock exchange management service, which is directly integrated into your e-commerce platform. This service allows you to plan trips which minimize your operating costs associated with getting items back on the shelves, and not least promote clear and direct communication with your customers.
If you need to monitor complex ordering, fulfillment and delivery capabilities, it requires a solution that gives you an overview and insight so that you can deal with the issues that you specifically need to focus on. Based on the features and capabilities already available in Intelligent Order Management, Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1 gives you new and better insights that help you monitor the state of solution mode so you can quickly focus on those apps and services , which causes problems in your ordering process. With the expanded machine learning and Microsoft Power BI dashboards in Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1, you gain insight into the events through the order, fulfillment and return process and focus on metrics that help to continuously optimize the order process and build customer loyalty.
With Dynamics 365 Project Operations, you get your sales, resource, project management and finance teams together in one unified application, which helps you to win more deals, speed up delivery, strengthen employee efforts and increase business profitability. Project Operations gives you the necessary visibility, collaboration and agility throughout the project life cycle and thus helps you achieve success for your project-centric business. Based on Microsoft Power Platform, Project Operations provides solutionusers with an unrivaled range of functionality that enables everyone across companies to analyze, react and automate throughout the enterprise, transforming the service enterprise from the ground up and in every corner. Project Operations provides everything you need to run and manage your projects, from contract management to finance, and everything is gathered in one application.
Dynamics 365 Project Operations 2022 Release Wave 1 provides Microsoft features and capabilities, including:
- With 2022 Release Wave 1 comes Project Operations project-based vendor invoice reconciliation for resource scenarios and non-stock scenarios
- Microsoft upgrades from Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation to roll out Dynamics 365 Project Operations Lite - Phase 2
- Time zone agnostic price that standardizes on current and actual project figures
- Revision and activation of offers
- Administration of expenses for diets in the modern user interface
- Project planning externally
With Dynamics 365 Human Resources, your company can streamline and engage the workforce, deliver modern employee benefit packages and comply with specified requirements and standards. It allows the company's HR administration to work smarter and more strategically and give them the insight they need to build better employee structures, compensation, employee benefits, leave and absence, compliance with specified standards and requirements, employee and manager self-service and performance management programs.
Using the Microsoft Power Platform, Human Resources centralizes personal data to build an HR ecosystem and tailor workflows, improve business intelligence, and connect to third-party HR solutions.
Dynamics 365 Human Resources connects employees and operational data across your company and helps you to minimize staff costs and care for your employees better, thus creating a better work environment and making your company more attractive.
In Dynamics 365 Human Resources 2022 Release Wave 1, Microsoft has a special focus on three key areas:
- Optimize enterprise automation
Give your HR manager the opportunity to tailor employee experiences and automatically complete work processes when employees are hired in, leave and move within the company.
- Intelligent talent management
With 2022 Release Wave 1, intelligent talent management capabilities are offered which enable the company to ensure that the right people are in the right jobs as well as to plan future staff investments.
- Environmental migration
With the upcoming Dynamics 365 Human Resources upgrade, migration functions are delivered which make it possible to move to the merged HR infrastructure.
With Dynamics 365 Commerce, Microsoft has developed an end-to-end trading application that delivers seamless trading across all corporate channels. These channels include business areas such as sales, mobility, intelligence and productivity, and together help customer-facing businesses streamline their business processes and achieve more based on cloud-first and mobile-first principles.
Dynamics 365 Commerce offers comprehensive functionality and support to drive a wide range of business processes, including core areas such as e-commerce, customer service, point of sale, call center, inventory and channel management, while the application delivers a comprehensive and immersive customer experience for both B2C and B2B engagements and across physical and digital channels.
Key investments for Dynamics 365 Commerce 2022 Release Wave 1 include:
- Flexible and efficient omnichannel media management
Take advantage of brand new workflows to manage your media assets, across channels.
- New B2B e-commerce business opportunities
New features and opportunities, such as sales agreements on behalf of orders, to facilitate and expand the company's business opportunities in B2B.
- Integrated experimentation
Create, edit, manage and analyze the full life cycle of A/B-experiments when creating websites.
- Enable customer service chat in your webshop
Use chat functionality to connect your call center agents with the customers on your e-commerce platform.
Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection brings together security features such as account protection, payment protection and loss prevention, giving the user a 360-degree view of the fraudulent landscape for partners and merchants, helping to find and effectively prevent counteract fraud and deception.
With Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection 2022 Release Wave 1, Microsoft is investing in six areas that aim to enhance companies' ability to fight fraud:
- 2022 Release Wave 1 improves the ability of fraudulent solution providers to drive and manage fraud against their customers on a large scale
- Enabling Search Features to Improve Analysis and Policy Settings for Corporate Fraud Administrators
- Built-in integrated case management for purchase protection is added with 2022 Release Wave 1
- Delivery and preparation of Fraud Protection in Canada
- Fraud protection for corporate mobile applications
- Easier scam protection for corporate Power App Portal products
Dynamics 365 Business Central is a comprehensive all-in-one enterprise application that is officially developed and optimized for small and medium-sized businesses, but which in practice can be used by all companies, regardless of industry, type and size.
With Dynamics 365 Business Central 2022 Release Wave 1 comes more features and capabilities that help both new and existing users get productive faster. For example, Microsoft is expanding the capabilities of the 'Help' window and making it the preferred resource to help new and existing Business Central users. Microsoft is also continuing the geographical expansion, optimizing performance and usability by focusing on easier menu navigation. To make users even more productive, reporting capabilities are enhanced with Excel layouts.
- Efficient operating service
No matter what industry a company belongs to and no matter what type of business it is and whether it is small or large, business users expect a reliable service and platform from which they can run their business
- Administration improvements
Release Wave 1 in 2022 for Business Central delivers a wide range of features and new capabilities designed to simplify and enhance the way our Business Central partners manage their tenants, as well as the way administrators manage licenses and permissions.
- Application enhancer
The finance and supply chain functions in Business Central have been improved with several optimizations and completely new capabilities and features, so that BC users can perform business processes much more productively.
- Better integration with Microsoft 365
Business Central 2022 Release Wave 1 improves the efficiency of collaboration processes for Microsoft Teams and improves the Excel and Outlook add-ins.
- Country and regional enlargement
With Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1, Business Central will be available in several countries and regions.
- Business Central onboarding
With the upcoming 2022 Release Wave 1, Business Central users can become productive faster with the help of the new smart and modern 'Help' pane.
- Smart development tools
As Microsoft has now completely switched to Visual Studio Code, it continues to invest in areas that improve developer productivity. In addition, Microsoft introduces GitHub Go to partners so they can configure CI/CD for their apps without the need for prior knowledge of pipelines, Docker, or PowerShell.
- Power Platform
Power Automate capabilities are enhanced, making it easier to set up work processes for a company's specific needs.
Dynamics 365 Customer Insights is one of the market's absolutely leading customer data platforms. Customer Insights enables companies to thoroughly understand data relating to their customers and from there create personal and relevant customer experiences for them. Customer Insights enables companies to collect, consolidate, enrich, understand and leverage their B2C and B2B customer data to gain in-depth insights and thus intelligent actions.
With Customer Insights, you can combine customer profiles from different data sources, summarize customer consent from each of these data sources, and create effective AI-driven predictions, segments, and goals. The information can be activated across Microsoft's business applications as well as external systems and apps. By leveraging the integration with Dynamics 365, Microsoft Power Platform, Azure Synapse Analytics and Microsoft Dataverse, Customer Insights reduces operating costs, configuration complexity and working hours and therefore creates operational benefits and added value in the company.
In Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1, several investments are being made to improve Customer Insights:
- New templates and libraries with industry standard metrics that help Customer Insights get started faster.
- Accelerate your company's B2B sales and increase the return on your marketing-related expenses through intent data, account-based insights and leads matching.
- Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1 introduces extended semantic types for activities and devices.
- New automated standard model for transaction departure is implemented with Dynamics 365 2022 Release Wave 1
- Consent data is delivered in 2022 Release Wave 1 almost real-time and harmonized from third-party consent management services.
- Get the opportunity to enrich your customer data securely with clean spaces.
With Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Insights, you will have the opportunity to achieve a stable operation of your supply chain and you will be able to detect, predict and prevent disturbances before they occur, so that it does not compromise efficiency or sustainability.
Microsoft's vision with Supply Chain Insights is to help companies build a future-proof supply chain that is robust, efficient and sustainable.
To help companies achieve this vision, with 2022 Release Wave 1, Microsoft has launched a software as a service solution (SaaS) that enables them to:
- Achieve complete holistic visibility in the company's internal production processes, assets, multiple levels of customers and suppliers, external service providers, distributors, third-party logistics partners as well as external factors such as natural disasters, business partners' financial condition and not least geopolitical events.
- Utilize AI-based analytics that visualize insights, assess risks in a timely manner, and recommend the second-best course of action for supply chain managers, sustainability managers, and business leaders.
- Create effective collaboration across internal and external stakeholders with a view to making decisions and implementing necessary actions so that logistics managers can effectively manage risks and optimize towards a robust, sustainable and efficient supply chain.
In the 2022 Release Wave 1 for Dynamics 365 Guides, Microsoft continues to invest in features and capabilities designed to enhance collaboration experiences for creators and operators on HoloLens 2. The application is also updated to support guest access so users can share their guides with users outside the company.
With Dynamics 365 Remote Assist 2022 Release Wave 1, Microsoft invests in B2B service scenarios by adding one-time calls to general availability and supporting additional dial-up policies for external users. In addition, the Remote Assist mobile application is updated to support improved collaboration, which concretely means that you now have the option of screen sharing across users on iOS and Android.