Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 2
- Overview of 2022 release wave 2
- Dynamics 365 Marketing
- Dynamics 365 Sales
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service
- Dynamics 365 Field Service
- Dynamics 365 Finance
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- På tværs af Finance and Operations applikationerne
- Dynamics 365 Human Resources (HR)
- Dynamics 365 Commerce
- Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection
- Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Dynamics 365 Connected Spaces
- Dynamics 365 Guides
- Dynamics 365 Customer Insights
With the upgrades of the many business apps that make up Dynamics 365, completely new, noticeable possibilities are added to transform and modernize your company and business.
Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 2 contains hundreds of new functions and options across the many applications that make up the Dynamics 365 business platform, covering business areas such as ERP, marketing, sales, customer service, field service, finance, supply chain management, order management, project management and operations, human resources (HR), e-commerce and so on.
The rollout of Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 2 starts in October 2022 and ends in April 2023
With Dynamics 365 Marketing, your B2B company gets the opportunity to orchestrate customer journeys in real time and thus to personalize the individual customer's buying experience during the entire buying journey. Dynamics 365 Marketing also provides a wide range of opportunities to develop your marketing activities and you can confidently develop your company's marketing and customer experience programs to target up to 100 million customers and with up to 300 million messages or interactions every single month. Intuitive lead capture forms, leads nurturing hands-off automation and a new analytics dashboard introduced with Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 2 enable better alignment and collaboration between sales and marketing teams. With Dynamics 365 Marketing, your company gets a unique opportunity to achieve higher levels of marketing supported by AI-powered next-best content selection and increased support for your business units.
With Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 2, Microsoft continues to optimize the user experience for the users of Dynamics 365 Sales. By using data and AI technology, the company's salespeople get an effective sales tool to prioritize their work, combine business and productivity tools so that salespeople are met wherever they are, and to create effective collaboration now and here between salespeople, so that every salesperson can engage with colleagues and customers, save time and work more productively.
Dynamics 365 Customer Service is an end-to-end service application for handling customer support. The functions in Dynamics 365 Customer Service cover both self- and assisted service and cross several channels of the company's customer engagement. Dynamics 365 Customer Service provides comprehensive and efficient case routing and management for your service agents, a knowledge base where your service workers can write and use knowledge articles, and your service people get robust insights through AI suggestions and comprehensive, embedded analytics. Customer Service also provides add-ons for omnichannel engagement through chat, social channels and voice.
In Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 2, Microsoft is focusing on delivering the following functions and improvements to Customer Service:
- Improved and smarter omnichannel voice functionality supported by voicemail, callback and direct agent calls.
- Introducing better Microsoft Teams collaboration capabilities with customer support composition to help enterprise service agents resolve complex cases. And then the embedded Teams chat and Teams meeting integration features have also been improved.
- Modernized and smarter service agent experience with a new continuous view of past conversations, improved multi-session navigation and AI-powered conversation summary.
- Optimized unified routing supported by longest inactive routing, percentage based routing and preferred agent routing with a simpler skill management.
- Improved extensibility of out-of-the-box reports as well as the ability for supervisors to view Dynamics 365 Power Virtual Agents analytics in their omnichannel analytics dashboar
With Dynamics 365 Field Service, you get a market-leading field service application that, by connecting people, places and devices, allows you to transform your company's service functions and thus deliver customer-oriented experiences, which includes work order management, resource planning and asset management functions. With Field Service, the company gets the opportunity to go from old-fashioned paper-based reactive field service to being able to deliver modern proactive and predictable service that enables digital transformation and allows innovative business models, for example result-based service.
With the 2022 release wave 2 upgrades to Field Service, Microsoft is focused on delivering the following features and improvements:
- Optimization of service actions
Give your service team the best tools and processes to deliver optimal world-class service and enable your business to streamline and automate operations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Resource planning
The new planning area that comes with the 2022 release wave 2 has optimized performance and improved usability.
The 2022 release wave 2 for D365 Field Service introduces resource optimization improvements to lock constraints and cluster logic for nearby work orders
Strengthen the company's frontline employees
The new functions and options introduced with the 2022 release wave 2 focus on several improvements to user friendliness. It helps to bring the relevant information directly to the fingertips of the users. For example, manufacturers are given the opportunity to improve the mobile grid control with additional fields and to improve the user experience. Microsoft also allows Field Service users to access SharePoint documents when the app is in offline mode, helping your technicians access SharePoint files such as manuals, blueprints, floor plans, asset images, and so on.
Many companies, whether product-centric, service-centric or diversified, strive to move their employees from manual tasks to value-creating business activities. The key to this transformation is to run the business through a business application that supports changing business models and can quickly adapt to economic changes and fluctuations.
Updates and new capabilities for Dynamics 365 Finance release wave 2 in 2022 include:
- Microsoft improve their subscription billing solution for Finance with split billing and offers.
- With the 2022 release wave 2, Microsoft provides general availability of vendor invoice OCR (optical character recognition). By offering OCR capabilities to complete the full end-to-end automation of accounts payable, this new capability in Dynamics 365 Finance will automate the reading and recognition of accounts payable invoices.
In order to provide more breadth, depth and scalability out of the box, Microsoft also in Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 2 continues to improve Globalization Studio:
- Tax calculation service:
Be completely free from cumbersome and expensive adaptations to many complex tax scenarios. Microsoft continues to expand the scope of the tax calculation service by integrating it with Dynamics 365 Project Operations (in preview) and also delivers several improvements to the service.
- Electronic invoicing service:
In order to combat tax evasion, a number of countries have introduced mandatory business-to-business (B2B) electronic invoicing with the approval of e-invoices by the tax authorities. In order to support the new upcoming e-invoicing legislation in these countries, new e-invoicing functions are available in Financ
- Electronic reporting:
Microsoft introduces improvements to electronic reporting. These enhancements allow replacing a base data model, automatically uploading parent configurations, and adding a configurable way to run ad-hoc reports and removing 2GB file size limitations.
Investment areas for Dynamics 365 Finance:
- Globalization Studio:
Microsoft fortsætter med at forbedre ingen kode / næsten ingen kode funktionerne og indhold i flerlande indhold i Globalization Studio i skatteberegning, elektronisk fakturering og elektronisk rapportering.
- Basic finance:
With the D365 2022 release wave 2 release for Dynamics 365 Finance, Microsoft has focused on further improvements to the very central financial capabilities, i.e. financial automation and reporting.
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management gives companies such as manufacturers, distributors, consumer product groups and retailers a unique opportunity to effectively administer end-to-end processes such as purchase-to-pay and quote-to-cash, so that they can quickly and seamlessly meet their supply chain needs.
The functionality of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management ranges widely, from product information management, planning, inventory, sales and procurement to complex and faceted production, maintenance of company assets, inventory management and transport management.
Microsoft's investments in 2022 release wave 2 help companies balance costs and investments in creating a stable, resilient and agile supply chain to ensure business continuity and stability.
The following new features, capabilities and enhancements are introduced in the 2022 release wave 2 for Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management:
- Supply risk analysis is introduced to help companies identify and mitigate the risks associated with their specific procurement strategies in time.
- Better support for supply forecasts and more external suppliers in planning optimization will help companies diversify their specific purchasing strategies.
- Improvements to scheduling optimization provides better support for manufacturing companies in the process industry by shortening their planning cycles.
- Introducing a simpler, guided deployment and configuration experience to reduce deployment time and inventory management effort, and enable companies to more quickly reconfigure their supply chains in response to potentially changing demand patterns.
- Increased flexibility and mobility in the company's warehouse packing process enables warehouse workers to complete item packing solely from their handheld barcode scanners via the Dynamics 365 Warehouse Management mobile app.
- The improved allocation capabilities through Inventory Visibility introduced in 2022 release wave 2 help the company pre-allocate limited inventory to prioritized channels, regions or customer groups. In addition, real-time tracking of consumption within allocated quantities lets companies control overselling and enables them to make timely replenishment decisions to support and prepare for promotions, special events, new product introductions, and so on.
- Improvements to prospect-to-cash scenarios across both Dynamics 365 Sales and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
- Multinational companies will experience progress with the 2022 release wave 2, as product information in the upcoming update will be made available in the user's own language, which contributes to reducing language barriers.
- Sensor Data Intelligence supporting new scenarios for asset management and opening scenarios for adaptations and extensions.
Microsoft has continued to expand the ecosystem of providers for Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management, building on its continued success. With the 2022 release wave 2, there are now 14 providers spanning the Supply Chain Lifecycle from order intake to last mile delivery (the transportation of goods from the nearest distribution hub to the final destination, such as a home or business.) In dDynamics 365 2022 release wave 2, Microsoft adds support for different order types, such as backorders, subscription orders, manual orders, and purchase orders. With the upcoming update, Microsoft also provides the ability to simulate fulfillment, so users can model and understand the impact of choosing different fulfillment strategies. Finally, Microsoft has introduced contextual collaboration capabilities where an order can be shared with multiple stakeholders using embedded teams.
New and planned features for Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management in 2022 release wave 2:
- Order types: Subscription order and back order.
- Microsoft Teams support.
- Purchase orders: Expansion of outbound support to now also include support for inbound orders.
- Delivery split and order combination: Select one or more warehouses to fulfill your orders.
- FedEx powered self-service product return
- Introduction of new providers.
With D365 2022 release wave 2, Microsoft continues to improve Dynamics 365 Project Operations and invest in completely new possibilities to strengthen corporate project managers and project teams. In this release wave, Project Operations is enhanced with project budgeting and time-phase forecasting, baselines and snapshots, and in modernizing the application user experience on the web and mobile form factors. For project auditors and back office personas, new advanced subcontractor and subscription invoicing options are introduced. Additionally, Microsoft has invested in a wide range of improvements across Dynamics 365 Project Operations to ease the complexity of interaction patterns, and the inclusion of modern and fluid controls is also part of Project Operations 2022 release wave 2.
With Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 2, Microsoft provides new opportunities for Project Operations in the following areas:
- Introducing project budgeting and time-phase forecasting
- Project baselines and snapshots
- Importing projects from the Microsoft Project Desktop Client
- Possibility of status-based invoicing on fixed price contracts
- The new version now allows contacts such as customers in Project Operations
- New option to mass confirm project invoices
- New and modernized user experience in sales, invoicing and pricing
- Possibility of cancellation of PO receipts with linked goods requirements
- Ability to use advanced subcontracting capabilities with Project Operations for resource-based scenarios
- Subscription invoicing with projects in Project Operations for stocked or production-based scenarios
- Use expense mobile application for easy-to-use and intuitive expense entry user experiences
- Category support under financial posting for timesheets in Project Operations for stocked or production based scenarios
- Modernized user experiences for time entry directly in Project Operations
To make it possible for companies across countries and industries to speed up the digital transformation, Microsoft continuously improves the platform and the services that support the apps that make up Finance and Operations with new functions and options.
With Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 2, Microsoft continues to improve the One Dynamics One Platform workflow, which means Microsoft remains focused on enabling Finance and Operations applications on Power Platform for administrators, pro developers and end users. This includes user experience improvements for One Admin, One Developer and One User.
Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 2 Human Resources will increase efficiency for the solution's users by enabling HR administrators to tailor experiences and automatically complete HR-related work processes where manual decisions and task management are currently required. The improved efficiency is also made available to both managers and employees by providing notifications outside the application about benefits, work processes and tasks. Microsoft will also deliver a better experience across the business applications that make up the Dynamics 365 platform by integrating employee skills, compensation and exit information for resource managers in Dynamics 365 Project Operations.
In the 2022 D365 Human Resources upgrade wave, Microsoft aims to help HR staff reduce the number of time-consuming manual processes as well as connect the user experience for your employees. Microsoft also has an ambition to bring their systems together to ensure that business data is easily accessible and not collected in a data silo. With the new 2022 upgrade to Dynamics 365 Human Resources, the goal is to enable the company's employees to stay focused on their work, inspire managers and operational managers to help employees grow and develop in a positive direction, and not least to help HR - business partners to focus on strategic areas in the company's operations.
The focus for Microsoft in Dynamics 365 2022 release wave 2 is:
- To improve efficiency by reducing manual decisions and work tasks for HR business partners, business leaders and employees.
- With the 2022 release wave 2, expand the HCM* ecosystem to include learning management system integration through publicly available APIs leveraging Dataverse and crossing the Dynamics 365 space and Microsoft Viva.
*HCM (Human capital management) is an approach to human resource management that views employees as important assets that must be invested in and managed to maximize their business value. HCM has evolved from a mainly administrative practical function to a critical function that enables increasing the company's business value.
With Dynamics 365 Commerce, you get an all-encompassing retail solution that ensures you can run a consistent commerce across all your channels. The solution functionality includes business areas such as sales, mobility, intelligence and productivity, which together can contribute to your customer-facing business activities achieving more and in a way where the cloud and mobile have first priority. Dynamics 365 Commerce provides comprehensive support for running a wide range of business processes, including e-commerce, customer operations, point of sale, call center, customer service, merchandising, inventory and channel management functions.
With Dynamics 365 Commerce, you also get a unified and comprehensive customer experience for both your B2C and B2B engagements, which goes across your physical and digital channels.
New main features introduced in 2022 release wave 2 for Dynamics 365 Commerce include:
- B2B e-commerce opportunities:
New capabilities and features such as sales agreements, on behalf of orders to facilitate and grow B2B business opportunities.
- Effective and streamlined media management across all channels:
Leverage brand new workflows at headquarters to manage media assets used across all your channels.
- Increase the efficiency of your points of sale:
Available for Windows, Android, and iOS, the Store Commerce app is being optimized in 2022 release wave 2 for better performance, easier serviceability, and more deployment options.
- New possibilities for digital wallet:
Your e-commerce customers will benefit from out-of-box support for Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Settings in customer service chat in e-commerce:
Use the chat feature to connect call center staff or virtual staff on your e-commerce site.
With the 2022 release wave 2, a new TAB (Transaction Acceptance Booster) offering is introduced for Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection. The TAB offering has the advantage of giving your customers a much better opportunity to increase their bank approval rates without having to remove and replace their existing fraud provider solution, which is a huge advantage as removing and replacing is often both expensive and time consuming an existing fraud solution. The new feature in Fraud Protection 2022 release wave 2 makes it possible to take advantage of TAB's fraud protection features with minimal disruption to business.
With Business Central 2022 release wave 2, Microsoft continues to optimize the reporting options for users. The new improvements in Business Central 21 include new report datasets for Excel and improvements to the Power BI reports, which with the upcoming upgrade will support dimensions. The integration with Power Apps and Power Automate also continues to offer new opportunities for low-code development. It therefore becomes easier for users without coding knowledge to make changes and adjustments. With the 2022 release wave 2, Business Central is getting several new enhancements that will help users make reverse entries in the payment reconciliation journal, as well as a host of enhancements to supply chain functionality. And then Microsoft is taking big steps forward in order to scale the productivity of partners via more efficient and performance-optimizing tools for development and administration.
With the 2022 release wave 2 upgrade, Connected Spaces will support alerts and notifications via Teams or Outlook when business-based AI capabilities detect actionable patterns in a physical space. Users will be able to use Connected Spaces in Germany (in addition to the US and UK) and connect up to 10 cameras for each Azure Stack Edge device, extending their existing investment in extending Connected Spaces across their physical presence. Customers can also leverage the Azure Stack Edge Pro 2 appliance to configure Connected Spaces at the edge in addition to the existing Pro 1 appliances.
Dynamics 365 Guides is a so-called Mixed Reality application that displays step-by-step holographic instructions right where the specific work is being done. The advantage is that with Dynamics 365 Guides, your employees can quickly learn how to carry out complex tasks at the location where they are physically located.
Dynamics 365 Guides:
- Contributes to fewer mistakes being made and increasing safety.
- Helps close knowledge gaps and increases the individual employee's skills.
- Adapts your employees' work in real time.
- Optimizes employee training and work processes.
Dynamics 365 Guides addresses the needs of three of the company's key people: Content creators, operators, and managers/analysts.
With release wave 2 in 2022, Microsoft continues to invest in capabilities aimed at improving collaboration between content creators and operators on HoloLens 2. In addition, Microsoft is updating the app to provide more advanced workflows for content creation, versioning, and publishing user guides.
Microsoft's customer data platform Dynamics 365 Customer Insights breaks down data, technology and people silos, allowing companies to own and manage their data while assembling customer profiles from disparate data sources and enriching them with Microsoft's unique data assets. In this way, Customer Insights helps create powerful AI-driven predictions, segments and targets with the ability to better understand customers, personalize experiences and enable ubiquitous customer insight.
With the 2022 release wave 2 Customer Insights, Microsoft continues to invest in upgrading customer understanding by optimizing time-to-value with faster insights, predictions, segments and measures with unlimited extensibility across channels and technology systems.
The new features introduced with Release Wave 2 in 2022 give Customer Insights users a unique opportunity to empower personal experiences with real-time insights, analytics and actionable capabilities, creating industry-leading personalization and moment-based marketing. The new features and capabilities also enable a ubiquitous insight that allows an integrated data flow across Microsoft Dataverse, Dynamics 365 and Power Platform for seamless and agile workflows.